Solution For New Born Children’s Diseases By Baby Specialist in Gurgaon
Babies, especially the infants are quite vulnerable right after their birth. They get exposed to a multitude of infections and threats as they enter into this world after leaving the safety of the mother’s womb. Infancy is the time when a child is learning to feed, breathe and his organs are still developing in order to adjust to the external environment. The immunity of the infant or a child is also very low in the formative years. This is when the infant is most likely to catch an infection and suffer from various diseases and would require treatment from a newborn specialist in Gurgaon.
Some of the Diseases in New Born Babies Are:-
In newborn jaundice is accompanied by the yellowing of the skin due to a high level of bilirubin produced in the blood. This is a very common condition in young children or even infants. The infant’s liver is not mature enough for the removal of bilirubin itself and requires treatment from a newborn specialist in Gurgaon.
Colic, also known as baby colic or infantile colic refers to the condition where an infant cries for more than three hours in a day for more than three weeks, who is otherwise healthy. One main cause of colic is thought to be the lactose intolerance to formula fed or even the breastfeed babies that could provoke stomach ache, stimulating the colicky behavior.
The main cause of vomiting in newborn or older infants is due to gastroenteritis, which is the infection of stomach and intestine caused by a virus. Usually an oral electrolyte, a clear broth or juices are given from time to time and if the vomiting continues then visit a baby clinic in Gurgaon
Coughing along with a sore and scratchy throat can make your baby cranky and he might refuse to eat or drink as it hurts. However, if a cough is present along with fever then it needs treatment from the pediatrician.
Fever in your newborn or older children could be a sign of upper respiratory tract infection, roseola, tonsillitis, whooping cough or chicken pox and needs a medical intervention as early as possible.
Ear infections are the most common infections occurring in children. Acute otitis media (AOM) is the most common type of ear infection in children and affects the part of the middle ear where the fluid gets trapped behind the eardrum. Ear infections can cause pain and a lot of discomfort in your child.
Diarrhea due to food infections, microbial infections and irritable bowel disease in children can flush out the minerals and water content from the body. oral rehydration therapy and drinking plenty of fluids along with antibiotics and laxatives can help with the right treatment. If this too does not help consult your nearest newborn specialist in Gurgaon.
Cold and flu
It has been estimated that children below 2 years of age will tend to get a number of seasonal flu and cold due to lower immunity. A runny nose, wheezing cough, and watery eyes are the initial symptoms of flu that persist for a week or so. Apart from the natural home remedies, visiting a baby clinic in Gurgaon is advised for a faster recovery.
Pinworms are the human intestinal worms that most commonly occur in children. The symptoms of this condition are itching, rashes and discomfort around the anal region. This condition is also known as enterobiasis.
What shots will my newborn receive?
Vaccines and other shots protect your child against serious childhood diseases. Some vaccines are given right at and after their birth within the first 2 months. Check out below the essential shots that your newborn will receive.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine (HBV) first dose: Protects against Hepatitis B virus that damages the liver.
Shortly after birth
- Vitamin K shot: Vitamin K is essential to produce clotting factors. Its deficiency raises the risks of bleeding.
At 1-2 months:
- HBV second dose
At 2 months:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Acellular Pertussis vaccine (DTaP): Protects against diphtheria (the throat swells up and the heart gets attacked), tetanus (the muscles get tightened painfully) and pertussis or whooping cough (causes breathing difficulty in children).
- Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine (Hib): Protects against Haemophilus influenzae type b bacteria which infects the brain (and damages it) and spinal cord, and impairs hearing.
- Inactivated Poliovirus Vaccine (IPV): Protects against Poliovirus which lives in the intestinal tract and throat.
- Pneumococcal Vaccines (PCV): Protects against Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria that causes meningitis, certain ear infections and pneumonia.
- Rotavirus Vaccine (RV): Prevents the most common cause of dehydration, diarrhoea and vomiting.
- Possibly HBV, if not given before
Around the 8th week, Meningococcal vaccines may be given (based on the brand of vaccine) to infants at risk for any meningococcal infection like meningitis. It’s given to children:
- With specific immune disorders
- Who will travel to or already reside in countries with an outbreak or commonality of meningitis
What is abnormal gait in children?
The gait in children is a walking disorder. This disorder is characterized by bowed legs, hands and arms spread out for balance, and an uneven series of quick flat-footed steps. Abnormal gait is a condition of impaired strength, decreased or increased range of motion, a discrepancy in leg length, problems with proprioception, pain, or balance. Here are some abnormal gait conditions found in children :
- Antalgic gait: It is a painful gait, hence putting weight on one leg causes pain.
- Circumduction gait: It is a condition where legs become stiff, without flexion at knee zone and ankle part.
- Spastic gait: It is a condition of the stiff leg, where the foot is dragged and the foot becomes inverted.
- Ataxic gait: It is a condition of instability.
- Trendelenburg’s gait: It is a condition of weakened abductor muscles of the lower limb.
- Toe-walking gait: It is a condition where a child walks on the toe for most of the time.
- Stepping gait: It is a condition of the weak ankle and increased knee flexion.
- Clumsy gait: It is a condition of unstable motor coordination. The child falls several times. It is also presented with bad handwriting and learning disabilities. This even causes late maturation. It is more common in boys.
A large number of parents are worried about their child’s health as it is not only discomforting to the child but creates a lot of trouble to the parent as well. Right diagnosis on time can prevent the further worsening of the condition. Apart from the usual home remedies such as using a humidifier for cold and flu, ORS therapy for diarrhea, sometimes it is important to seek the treatment if the things seem to go out of your hand. Dr. Sachindar Nawal is one such new born specialist in Gurgaon who can offer the best care for your child, and bring back the smile on the face of your child.